Image Map

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Super Yummy Banana Crumble Cake

I know...not another recipe made with bananas! - sorry but I just have to share this one with all of you because it is SUPER yummy and full of delicious and fun ingredients.  White chocolate chips, sour cream, pecans  (or chopped nuts of your choice) and of course, ripe bananas are just a couple of mouth watering characters that come together to make this cake.  And it's not a small cake either. It feeds a crowd. It's a great cake to make to bring to a pot luck or any event that you want to share with others.

Banana Crumb Cake
(recipe from Julie's Eats & Treats...goodness this blog is a gold mine of wonderful recipes!)
Ingredients:
2/3 cup pecans (the original recipe asked for silvered almonds)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 tsp vanilla extract (if you choose to use the silvered almonds you could do almond extract instead of the vanilla)
3 cups AP flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4 bananas)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vanilla or white chocolate chips (YUMMY!)
Directions:
1. In small bowl, combine pecans and brown sugar for the topping.  Set bowl aside for later.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Add in vanilla extract.
3. In yet another bowl combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.  Add these dry ingredients alternately with the mashed bananas and sour cream to the creamed mixture of butter/sugar/eggs/etc.
4. Fold in the vanilla chocolate chips to the batter.
5. Spread batter into a greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle reserved topping mixture over batter.  Pop into a preheated 350 degrees oven for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Cool slightly and serve.....
 Happy Banana Crumble Cake Baking!

11 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and another great use for bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at the ingredient list:) Looks really yummy Avril!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks perfect for breakfast or after dinner ddessert. I don't bake with bananas very often but if I ever need a recipe, I'm coming here to get one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thinki will make this along with my friends bannana bread... looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for featuring my recipe! Looks nummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another good recipe for bananas..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yumm, and luckily I have 3 ripe bananas:) Love the unexpected white choc chips you added.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what I am making with the over ripe bananas on my counter. This looks amazing! I really wanted some right this moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks really moist and yummy. And don't you mean slivered?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! You and your bananas. Good thing I like them too! This cake looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a mouth watering delicious cake! I can't wait to find time to bake it! Cheers to a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis