Image Map

Monday, October 11, 2010

Homemade Bread made with Cottage Cheese



Is there seriously anything better than homemade bread?!  Well, for the moment homemade bread is one item of food (of many) that is on the top of my "favorite food" list.  To me the fact that I am able to actually make bread means that I have the time and energy to do so....which is precious these days as I am in the tail end of my 2nd trimester of pregnancy.  I usually make bread when it is sunny outside....something about having it sunny outside is always inviting for me to make bread...who knows why.  Maybe because when it is sunny outside it allows the "rising" process of the bread to be more successful in my eyes?? Could be. 

I am always looking for new and different recipes so when I came across this recipe for homemade bread that included cottage cheese in the ingredients list I was very intrigued.  Especially when Rhonda from
Our Treasured Home expressed that the cottage cheese gave the bread a special moistness and a wonderful flavor.  I was immediately hooked and printed out the recipe to make ASAP. For those of you that have a bread maker Rhonda also shares this recipe to make in the bread maker along with by hand.

I was not disappointed by this recipe.  You will not be disappointed either!  This bread is VERY easy to make and sooooo yummy and yes, moist!  Go ahead, pick a sunny day and make this bread. 

Homemade Bread made with Cottage Cheese

(recipe discovered on Our Treasured Home)

Ingredients:

1 package Dry Yeast

1/4 cup warm water

1 cup cottage cheese

2 Tbsp sugar

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp baking soda

1 whole egg, slightly beaten

2 1/2 cups flour

Directions:

1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.  Heat butter and cottage cheese until warm and butter is completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add in sugar, salt, baking soda and beaten egg.  Mix well and blend in yeast mixture.

3. Pour mixture into bowl of Kitchen Aid and then add flour.  Mix using dough hook or by hand until dough is completely mixed together. 

4. Place dough on a floured surface.  Fold dough over several times.  Cover dough (leaving on floured surface) with a clean dish towel and let rise until doubled in size....at least 45-60 minutes.

Look how beautiful it will look once it has doubled in size....


5.  Fold over again a couple of times and then place in a well greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.....


....let rise again until doubled....



....preheat oven to 350 degrees F and then bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.  Cool for a couple of minutes before removing from pan.

Homemade bread....it is such a beautiful creation!!!



Enjoy!

Happy Homemade Bread made with Cottage Cheese Baking!



20 comments:

  1. What a wonderful crumb on that bread. You'd never even know there's cottage cheese in there, but you've got all that wonderful protein and calcium from it all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread looks wonderful! So easy - and it looks so moist and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You beat me to it! I had it on my list to try it and told her I would. Now that you've given it the thumbs up I will be making it sooner than later.
    Thanks Avril!
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling. This bread would make the carbaholic in me very happy!!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you liked it! Thank you for linking my blog! Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man that bread looks REALLY good! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful loaf of bread, Avril! I'm always looking for new bread recipes, so I can't wait to try this one! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bread looks perfectly baked! What a beautiful loaf of bread. I would have problem looking for the cottage cheese, I wonder would it work with creamed cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That does look amazing. I used cottage cheese last week in place of sour cream for a quick bread. I was a little worried but it turned out great. Glad to hear I just wasn't crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That risen dough is beautiful. I just wanna spank it. ha ha!

    I've never made cottage cheese bread but I've had it with dill before and it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bread looks so incredibly fluffy! I've never though of putting cottage cheese in bread!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an inventive bread! I too love homemade bread, this is going on my "to try" list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous loaf of bread! Next time I have some cottage cheese that needs to be used up, I'll have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So funny that you posted this because I was thinking about making cottage cheese bread this week in the breadmaker! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use to make this bread quite a bit. I have been hungry for it lately. I go-ogled homemade bread with cottage cheese and your blog came up. Thank you. I am going to make it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It doesn't say how much butter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found a similar recipe and it called for 1tablespoon of butter! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis